Invest in your Mental Health
Image description : A poster on a building that says How are you really?
Image by: https://unsplash.com/
If you are on this blog then you are most likely interested in or are investing in your mental health. Mental health is vital for overall wellness. It is like investing for the future. We are doing this for a better tomorrow. To ensure we can stay resilient throughout our life challenges we should look into learning more about our mental health and challenges and find ways to support them.
Here are some ways that you can invest in your mental health :
- It is important to learn and tune in to how you are feeling and what you are feeling to be exact. One way to do that is by journaling and meditating. Once you acknowledge how you are feeling if you have any symptoms that are causing distress then contact a mental health provider.
- Stay connected to family and friends. If it’s been tough to get out then try a phone call or even better a video call with someone who makes you feel good about yourself.
- By limiting negative and toxic things that bring you down such as social media. Having an abundance of supply of self-help books, watching uplighting shows, and doing light but inspirational readings will help.
- Reach out and cultivate a support system that is positive and mindful. People who are empathic and know how to properly communicate with others.
- Learn to commit to healthy rituals and make them a habit. For example, tell yourself that every day you will eat something specific like oatmeal in the mornings instead of cereal to ensure you start your day healthy. Spend some time outdoors daily even if it’s 5 minutes.
- Be aware of your resources. There are endless amounts of hotlines and therapists that you can go to. Start with a fifteen-minute consultation with a therapist and see where that takes you!
Our future is up to us while many circumstances are out of our control but we must take care and power of ourselves now more than ever. If not now then when?